The Program Committee is seeking Members at Large to assist with this committee. The Programs Committee is an operational committee of ISCA which exists to provide overall guidance and direction for the various functions related to program development for participants at the provincial, national and international levels. In accordance with the ISCA governance model, the Program Committee is mandated to:
- Provide advice to the Executive Director and the Sport Development Manager;
- Direct the technical aspects of ISCA operations in the area of coaching and officials training and certification; and
- Develop operational plans and policies to govern the operation of the Program Committee and to carry out its work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The specific responsibilities of the Program Committee include:
- Establishing the strategic (i.e. Long-term) direction for Alberta’s participation in provincial, national and international events, to provide on-going and sustainable competitive opportunities;
- Developing through the annual Program Committee Operational Plan the detailed objectives and tasks required to implement the strategic direction each season, to include plans, schedules, manuals, technical packages, training sessions and information bulletins;
- Conducting an annual program evaluation to confirm that objectives are being met and are achieving the desired results;
- Maintaining, through the ISCA website, a data base of certified coaches and officials;
- Establish Task Force Committees as required;
- Setting registration fees for event trials;
- Fundraising/partnership development;
- Developing selection criteria for coaches, mission staff, team managers etc.
For further information call